France’s tenth participation in a European Football Championship has been proclaimed champion twice: 1984 and 2000. In 1984 they defeated Spain in the final, with a goal from Platini in extra time. In 2000, they also went to spare time to defeat Italy with a goal from Trezeguet. In 2016, they also disputed extra time in the final, although they were defeated against Portugal.
France squad list for the Eurocup:
- Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Mike Maignan (Lille), Steve Mandanda (O. Marseille)
- Defenders: Lucas Digne (Everton), Léo Dubois (O. Lyon), Lucas Hernández (FC Bayern), Presnel Kimpembe (PSG), Jules Koundé (Sevilla), Clément Lenglet (Barcelona), Benjamin Pavard (FC Bayern), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Kurt Zouma (Chelsea)
- Midfielders: Ngolo Kanté (Chelsea), Thomas Lemar (Atlético), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Adrien Rabiot (Juventus), Moussa Sissoko (Tottenham), Corentin Tolisso (FC Bayern)
- Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Kingsley Coman (FC Bayern), Ousmane Dembélé (Barcelona), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona), Kylian Mbappé (PSG), Marcus Thuram ( B. M’gladbach)
France – Germany – Portugal – Hungary
France at EURO 2020 – Qualifying Round
France prevailed comfortably in qualifying in a group where they faced Turkey, Iceland, Andorra, and Moldova. His balance was eight wins, 1 draw and 1 loss, scoring 25 goals and conceding 6. Both setbacks were against the Turkish team.
France at EURO 2020 – About the team
The coach of the French team since 2012 is Didier Deschamps. With this coach who promoted Juventus to Serie A after relegation due to the “Calciopoli” scandal, France has achieved significant triumphs, where the 2018 World Cup stands out without a doubt.
- Euro 2021 – Group F Winner: France
- CODERE: 2.37
The French team has been changing its style and game scheme in recent years, although in the 2018 World Cup, they opted for a 4-2-3-1. The team stars are Kylian Mbappe and Antoine Griezmann, and the player to watch is Ngolo Kanté, Chelsea midfielder. The return of Karim Benzema to the national team also stands out.
France likely lineup
Lloris – Lucas, Kimpenbe, Varane, Pavard – Kanté, Rabiot, Pogba – Griezmann, Mbappe, Benzema.
Betting on Euro 2020 – Tips on France
France is coming off two notable performances in recent international tournaments, reaching Euro 2016 and winning the 2018 World Cup. The bookmakers consider them the second favorites of group F, with 2.37 odds to win the group. In any case, its classification is practically a fact since it is paid at 1.12. Let us remember that it would also be worth being one of the 4 best third parties in the group stage of the Eurocup to reach the round of 16.
- Euro 2021 – Will reach the semi-finals: France
- LEE VAGAS: 2.37
Also Read: EURO 2021 – Will Portugal Repeat The Title?