This is Italy’s tenth participation in a European Football Championship, having won the trophy only once, in 1968, the first edition in which it competed.
In 2000 and 2012, the Italians got a place in the final, defeated by France and Spain, respectively. In Euro 2016, Italy lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Provisional roster for the tournament:
Goalkeepers : Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Alex Meret (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (Torino).
Defenders : Francesco Acerbi (Lazio), Alessandro Bastoni (Inter), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giovanni Di Lorenzo (Napoli), Gianluca Mancini (Roma), Leonardo Spinazzola (Roma), Rafael Toloi (Atalanta).
Midfielders : Nicolò Barella (Inter), Bryan Cristante (Roma), Manuel Locatelli (Sassuolo), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma), Meteo Pessina (Atalanta), Stefano Sensi (Inter), Marco Verratti (PSG).
Forwards : Andrea Belotti (Torino), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Federico Bernanrdeschi (Juventus), Federico Chiesa (Juventus), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Matteo Politano (Napoli).
- Euro 2021 – Final winner: Italy
- CODERE: 12.00
Italy – Switzerland – Turkey – Wales
Italy at EURO 2020 – About the team
- Roberto Mancini is the coach of the Italian national team. A former Inter and Manchester City manager, Mancini took over the Italy team in 2018.
- Mancini adopted a unique formula (4-3-3 type) for Italian football that proved very positive in qualifying.
- The team stars are Leonardo Bonucci and Marco Verratti, while Gianluigi Donnarumma has a difficult mission to replace Buffon in the Italian goal.
- Probable team in the tournament
- Donnarumma – Di Lorenzo, Acerbi, Bonucci, Spinazzola – Verratti, Jorginho, Barella – Chiesa, Insigne, Immobile
Betting on EURO 2020: tips on Italy
Italians shouldn’t have any surprises in qualifying for the Eurocup group stage.
- Euro 2021 – Group A Winner: Italy
- Marathon Bet: 1.75
If they manage to finish first in their group, Italy could face Belgium in the quarterfinals. If he ends second, he could face the Netherlands. In any case, Italy could be one of the candidates to reach the semi-final stage of the Euro.
- Euro 2021 – Will reach the semi-finals: Italy
- Versus – 3.25