The Blackjack card game has become a fixture in every quality online casino. It is so popular mainly because with the right strategy you can come up with great prizes. Before you start playing it, check out the basic rules and strategies for playing Blackjack online.
What is Blackjack?
Blackjack evolved from a game known as ” 21 ” (twenty-one), which probably originated in the 17th century in French casinos. However, its popularity did not increase until the 18th century.
The game was named blackjack after receiving a special bonus. A player receives this bonus if he is dealt a combination of ace and “black” and “jack”.
Winning or losing in blackjack can also be affected by the player’s decision – it follows from the nature of the game in blackjack. That is why it is very popular with players, as they can influence the whole course of the game with their strategy .
For many, blackjack has become a passion, as evidenced by the large number of books and the availability of a variety of strategies. This is one of the reasons why you will find several types of Blackjack in every casino, whether stone or online casino.
What is Blackjack Online?
Blackjack online is a classic version of Blackjack, which you can know from land-based casinos, only if it is played online on the Internet. This way of playing has become extremely popular lately, as you can now play your favorite game from the comfort of your home online. The rules for online blackjack are the same as for classic.
In an online casino, Blackjack is one of the most popular online games , such as roulette and slot machines . It is also popular due to the extremely high return on money that is on your side. RTP is typically up to 99 percent in these games .
Play attractive Blackjack tournaments
Online casino tournaments have also become an extremely popular aspect of online casinos. They try to do them as often as possible and in most cases you play for very high prize pools in them .
You can also test your skills with other players while playing tournament blackjack. If you have studied the strategies, it is possible to gain a long-term advantage over the casino. But don’t expect blackjack to get rich quick, it’s mostly a way to have fun for much longer than other casino games.
Also Read: How Do I Win At Blackjack?
The course of the game in online Blackjack
The whole course of the game in online Blackjack is the same as in the classic game in a stone casino. It consists of several steps.
- Closing bets. Online Blackjack slot machines have a clearly set maximum and minimum bet
- The dealer deals cards to each player, including himself. It is dealt from left to right.
- Based on your cards, you can do one of these actions – asking for cards, splitting, staying standing, doubling your bet, insurance
- The dealer decides what to do with his cards. He can only accept another card if he has cards of 16 or less. His decisions are limited, he cannot double or split the bet.
- A player wins if his total is higher than the dealers, or 21, or the dealers’ total is higher than 21.
Types of Blackjack
Blackjack has several different types. There are e.g. American and European type. In American blackjack, the dealer draws 2 cards, one face-up and one face down, which he checks if the face-up card is an ace. In European blackjack , the dealer only gets one card face up and pulls all the way to you.
Several types of Blackjack also apply to Blackjack online, which is offered by online casinos. There you can also find Blackjack according to American or European rules.
The most common types of blackjack are:
- Blackjack switch
- Vegas strip
- Double exposure blackjack
- Perfect pairs
Play Blackjack online for free
The great advantage of online casinos, in addition to the attractive entry bonuses they offer you, is also the opportunity to play Blackjack completely free of charge and try all aspects of this great card game without risk and without the need to deposit .
Black Jack rules
Blackjack is most often played with six decks (the number can vary from 1 to 8) of French cards, each consisting of 52 cards – from two to ace in four symbols (of which 2 black – spades and crosses and 2 red – hearts and diamonds). ). Cards 2 to 9 have a value according to their face value, cards from ten to king have a value of 10 and an ace has a variable value of 1 or 11.
Blackjack online: Soft and hard hand
As we mentioned, an ace has a variable value of 1 or 11, and you can use it to create so-called soft combinations, which are also called hard and soft hands. If you want to succeed in blackjack over an online casino, it is definitely worth knowing the meaning of these combinations.
Hard hand you have if you do not have an ace in your hand, or has a value of 1. For example, you are from the dealer to hand cards 9-6 to make the sum of 15. Then we talk about the hard hand. You also have this if you have, for example, a combination of 10-4-A-3 cards in your hand, which is a total of 18.
You have a soft hand if you receive the first two cards and one of them is an ace, or their sum is low. As an example we can mention the combination of cards A – 7 (in the sum of 18), or the combination of 2-3-A-3 (in the sum of 19)
All the decisions you can make during Blackjack also have their professional names and characters. Below you will find an overview of the most basic ones.
- Black jack: A literal meaning is a hand that consists of an ace and a card worth 10 (King, Queen, Jack or 10).
- Bust: A hand with a value above 21, which means automatic loss.
- Double Down: Doubles the bet when a player receives one more card and ends the game. The player receives the last card from the dealer.
- Hit: The player takes another card or cards from the dealer.
- Holecard: The second card of the dealer and. This is usually left uncovered until the players make a decision.
- Insurance: If the dealer has an ace, the player can opt for “insurance” before the dealer reveals his holecard (second card). The insurance pays the player 2: 1 and compensates for the loss of the original bet.
- Push: A draw between a player and a dealer.
- Soft: A hand that contains an ace is worth 11 (so it’s not worth 1).
- Split: A player can split a game if he has two cards of the same value. He then plays a separate bet with each card. However, the player must double the original bet.
- Stand: The player decides not to take any more cards. The player remains standing (ends the game or moves the move) if he is satisfied with his total or no longer wants another card.
- Surrender: Some casinos allow players to give up a hand at some point. In this case, the player receives a payout for half of his bet.
Also Read: What Is Split Blackjack And When It Is Convenient