Many think that playing roulette is just choosing a number and waiting for the ball to land on it, but there are different types of roulette wheels and countless strategies that you can use to try to get interesting prizes.
Easy guide for newbies to roulette
In this article you will find all the details to become a great roulette player. You will not only learn how to play roulette, but you will learn about the different types that exist and the most common strategies in this mythical casino game.
Types of roulettes
The types or varieties of roulette arise from different locations where it is played in a different way from roulette. For this reason, the names they receive guide us very well regarding their origin. We can divide the types of roulettes into 2: European roulette and American roulette .
Although it is true that French roulette, which is a variety of European roulette, has also gained importance over time.
How to play American roulette?
Now, we are going to see how to play American roulette, which, as its name suggests, comes from the United States , and has some specifications that make it a very recognizable type of roulette:
- It is a roulette that has 38 boxes, among which we find double 0, 0 and the numbers between 1 and 36.
- If the ball ends in 0, the simple bets are lost.
How to play European roulette or French roulette?
Both are the same type of roulette, they have 37 numbers from 0 to 36, but with an internal section and an external one, where you can make different bets that will cover 18 numbers. In it you will have the option to make a foul or pass, even or odd and red or black.
How to play French roulette?
French roulette is a variant of European roulette, as we have already mentioned. This maintains the European roulette format with 37 numbers with a single green zero.
The big difference with the European one is in the possibility of outside bets and the respective combinations of these both at the top and at the bottom of the table.
Strategies for playing roulette
We are going to see some of the best-known strategies to play roulette.
- Martingale: it is one of the best known and used strategies. It consists of betting a unit: if it is correct, it is maintained; if you lose, it doubles until you get it right and you start over from scratch.
- Fibonacci: This strategy, whose name comes from the mathematician who discovered it, deals with the following: you start by betting 1, if you win you keep it and if you lose, you bet triple, then five times, then x8, then x13, then x21, x34, x55, x89, etc. you have to follow the sequence of numbers that this mathematician discovered. It is an aggressive strategy and for which it will be necessary to have a good initial amount.
- D’Alembert: it is a progressive method that consists of betting a greater amount when we lose and less when we win. Based on a bet of five euros, if we lose we will bet ten on the next play; if we lose again, fifteen, etc. When we win, we will reduce five euros; if we win again, we reduce another five, etc. It is a more conservative strategy than the previous one.
- Labouchere: Strategy based on the curious game style of a British aristocrat. For this strategy you will need a profit target, for example 20, and create a sequence that adds up to the same amount that you have set as your goal: 2 – 3 – 2 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 3 – 1.
But, in addition to these famous strategies, there are other ways to bet on roulette following formulas. The most experienced players usually play the neighbors of 0 (22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2 and 25), the ‘ orphans ‘ ( 1, 20, 14, 31, 9, 17, 34 and 6) or the ‘ cylinder third ‘ numbers (33, 16, 24, 5, 10, 23, 8, 30, 11, 36, 13 and 27).
Also Read: How To Play Roulette From Your Mobile