Home BETTING TIPS Having A Good Run or A Bad Run, Is It Just Luck?

Having A Good Run or A Bad Run, Is It Just Luck?

Streaks are one of the most used terms in gambling. We’ve all had good and bad streaks of luck at the casino and even sports betting.

But how exactly do they work? Is there a way to anticipate bad luck streaks?

Everything is based on the mathematics of chance that we will see more carefully throughout the article.

Chance and good (or bad) streaks of luck

The first thing we have to understand is that in games of chance everything is a matter of probability. And that, based on these probabilities, everything is mathematically possible.

Let’s go with an example to see it more clearly: You enter one of our European roulette wheels, and you decide to bet on exteriors (red-black). You have a 48.65% chance of coming up black, another 48.65% chance of coming up red and a 2.7% chance of coming up 0. But to see the clearest example, let’s just focus on red/black and imagine that an exact 50% of each color comes out.

The normal thing is that the distribution of colors varies, and black and red alternate. A perfect distribution would combine red-black-red-black-red-black-red-black, etc…

But that distribution is imaginary. In reality, things tend to turn out more like this: black, red, black, black, red, black, red, red, red… that is, it tends to spread evenly in the overview, but the way to get to that equilibrium is random.

What do we mean by this? That you can have a good streak or a bad streak and that should not surprise you since it is normal for it to happen.

For example, Black can come out 5 or 6 times in a row, or more. It is not usual, it is not statistically probable, but it can happen. Because chance has no memory. Roulette does not remember if the number that came out before is black or red, it does not seek to balance. On each spin you have exactly the same chance of landing red or black as on the previous spin.

Mistakes to avoid in the casino

Believing in ‘the systems’

When you start betting, it is normal to find other bettors who have their own ‘system’ when playing their favorite game (both roulette and slot).

There is a big difference between system and strategy. The system is based on incorrect beliefs and calculations of the players, instead, the strategy is treated in mathematics and probabilities that can help you when playing and thus avoid tricky streaks of luck in the casino.

Double bets after losses

One of the most serious mistakes while playing is to ‘chase’ losses and try to win by doubling down after losing a hand.

We recommend that if you play consistently and with the right strategy, you will reach your desired earnings in the medium to long term.

Also Read: What To Do To Get Luck In The Casino?

Gamble Geekshttps://www.gamblegeeks.com
We here at Gamble geeks provide the latest information and news that are related to the Gaming industry.